Experimental data - Independent variables

Ricardo Soares

Sep 23, 2022, 12:12:08 PM9/23/22
to COPASI User Forum
Dear all,

I'm using COPASI to analyze the metabolism of one compound by two enzymes. I also use one inhibitor for each of these enzymes, whose concentrations change with time.

I structured my data file with time, dependent variables (concentrations of substrate, metabolites and one of the inhibitors throughout time), and independent variables (the amounts of substrate and inhibitors given at certain time points).

One of these inhibitors is given multiple times, to achieve maximum inhibition, before starting to add simultaneously the substrate and the second inhibitor to the system.

I'm struggling to inform COPASI that this one inhibitor is given several times while no substrate is available (all dependent variables and remaining independent are therefore zero during this period) and only when the substrate and the second inhibitor is added, all variables will then be different from zero.

Can someone help me?

Many thanks in advance,

Ricardo Soares