Global Parameter Expression

Hikmet Emre Kaya

Sep 5, 2023, 9:02:28 AM9/5/23
to COPASI User Forum
Hello,

I was wondering what Java method to use to get the expression of a global parameter that has an assignment status. the getExpression() method of CModelValue returns a convoluted version with containing the Common Names of all the variables. Is there a way to print them out the way they appear in the Global Quantities table of standalone COPASI?

Best,

Emre

Frank Bergmann

Sep 5, 2023, 9:14:57 AM9/5/23
to COPASI User Forum
If you want the same string that we are displaying in the Gui, you can use:

    getExpressionPtr().getDisplayString()

on the model value object (after verifying that there is an expression first).

best
Frank

Hikmet Emre Kaya

Sep 5, 2023, 9:29:06 AM9/5/23
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com
Ah, that makes sense; I tried it but did not verify the existence of some of the expressions, which is why I got an error message. It works now. Thanks again!

Hikmet Emre Kaya

Professional Science & Wellness Writer

PhD in Computational Glycoenzymology at the University of Cape Town