CopasiUI quit unexpectedly.

Konstantia Georgouli

Mar 24, 2021, 12:02:06 PM3/24/21
to COPASI User Forum
Hi,

I am sending you this email because I would like to ask you a question. I am trying to import a big SBML model (33.7 MB) into CopasiIUI and CopasiUI is crashing. I tried to import the SBML file from CopasiSE and save as a .cps file:

~/copasi/bin/CopasiSE -i test.xml -s test_init.cps

but when I tried  to open the .cps file  with CopasiUI, CopasiUI is crashing again. Is there any way to tackle this problem?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Konstantia

Frank Bergmann

Mar 24, 2021, 12:04:27 PM3/24/21
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry you are having that issue. You might try a different version of COPASI. Otherwise, i can just invite you to send me the model and i can convert it for you (and figure out why copasi was crashing for you).

best
Frank

Konstantia Georgouli

Mar 24, 2021, 12:25:55 PM3/24/21
to COPASI User Forum
Dear Frank,

Thank you very much for your answer. I am using the COPASI 4.30 (Build 240). Can you tell me a different version of COPASI that it could work for this problem? I have tried a smaller version of this file with less species and reactions and it worked  perfectly.  I am attaching the model as you suggested.
Could you see the model and tell me what is wrong with this file and how can I import this file ? Apart from this file, I have also to import a much bigger file than this.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Konstantia

g2.xml.zip

Hoops, Stefan (sh9cq)

Mar 24, 2021, 1:42:44 PM3/24/21
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kantantia,

I was able to load the file in COPASI 4.30 (Build 240) under Linux.
What is your OS and how much memory do you have. I suspect you are
running out of memory.

Thanks,
Stefan
--
Stefan Hoops, Ph.D.
Research Associate Professor

Phone: +1 540 570 1301
Email: sho...@virginia.edu

Konstantia Georgouli

Mar 24, 2021, 1:57:28 PM3/24/21
to COPASI User Forum
Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for your help. I am running CopasiUI on a Mac with 32GB memory. I have access to a linux machine with more memory where
 I have installed the COPASI but I cannot use the CopasiUI on that machine to set the task parameters (time course).
Is it possible to do that through the command line (CopasiSE)?

Thanks,
Konstantia

Hoops, Stefan (sh9cq)

Mar 24, 2021, 2:31:41 PM3/24/21
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello Konstantia,

32GB is more than sufficient. I am on a Linux machine with 24GB and the
load succeeded. This means the issue is somewhere else. Unfortunately I
do not have access to a Mac but Frank might be able to verify and solve
your issue.

Thanks,
Stefan

Hoops, Stefan (sh9cq)

Mar 24, 2021, 2:36:40 PM3/24/21
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com
Just in case that it is the import here is a link the COPASI file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QuUm-GGev1XQuPXQeplaCxGwghpmb1Yc/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Stefan

Konstantia Georgouli

Mar 24, 2021, 2:45:49 PM3/24/21
to COPASI User Forum
Dear Stefan,

Thank you very much for your help. I will wait for Frank's reply .
I have tried to open the file that you sent with CopasiUI  and CopasiUI is crashing again.
What about my second question? Is it possible to set the task parameters (time course) through the command line (CopasiSE)?

Thanks,
Konstantia

sven....@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2021, 3:54:57 PM3/24/21
to COPASI User Forum
I just tested on  my Mac (Catalina, 8GB), and the SBML file loads and simulates with Build 228, but not with 240.

Sven

Frank Bergmann

Mar 24, 2021, 4:00:32 PM3/24/21
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com
I'm in a meeting this week, so sorry for the slow reply. i can confirm, that the 240 release does indeed crash upon import of the file on WIndows x64. I'm looking into why that happens and will report back here. Once i find out the reason. I can confirm that loading the file worked fine in release 4.28 .

best
Frank

Konstantia Georgouli

Mar 25, 2021, 9:42:21 AM3/25/21
to COPASI User Forum
Hi all,

Thank you very much for your help. I managed to load and simulate this SBML file with Build 228.

Kind regards,
Konstantia