Checksum for download

johnp

Jun 7, 2022, 2:23:59 PMJun 7
to COPASI User Forum
Hi All,

I am new to COPASI and I love it!

I don't see an appropriate category for feature suggestions in the bugzilla issue tracker, so I am posting this suggestion here. It would be great if you could provide checksums with your download files so users can verify the downloads before installing. Even non-cryptographically signed checksums would be useful (e.g. simple sha256sum).

Many thanks,
John

Frank Bergmann

Jun 7, 2022, 5:29:09 PMJun 7
to COPASI User Forum
thank you for letting us know. While the main downloads are provided by the github releases. We can definitely announce the sha256sums with the release announcement. While i see this helping for linux, the main problem we are currently facing, is macOS and Windows flagging our downloads as dangerous because we dont buy code signing certificates.

all the best
Frank