Accesing the duration of a time course task to use in an event

jsl...@iu.edu

Mar 12, 2021, 3:36:58 PM3/12/21
to COPASI User Forum

I would like to use the duration of a time course in an event. For example, to trigger an event when the simulation has reached 75% of the time course's requested total simulation time. In the event's "Trigger Expression" box I have {Time} >=

I've tried working down through the expert mode and selecting:

ModelList - Root - TaskList - Time-Course - Time-Course - Duration - Value

But I get the error "The use of the selected object is not allowed in this type of expression"

Is there a way I can use the time course's duration in an event? (Other than just manually entering a number i the "Trigger Expression" box.

Jim

Hoops, Stefan (sh9cq)

Mar 12, 2021, 4:07:16 PM3/12/21
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jim,

This should theoretically possible but the GUI gets in your way.

What you could do is to edit the COPASI file itself and insert the CN
of the time course duration manually. To find the correct CN you can
add the value to a report.

An other option is to use one of the language bindings or libcopasise
itself.

Thanks,
Stefan
--