Rate constant

Jikson P Mathew

Dec 1, 2022, 9:53:41 AM12/1/22
to COPASI User Forum
Dear all,

While doing parameter estimation, I usually get the rate constant for each equation. But when I modify the equation as below, I get 'v' instead of k in parameter estimation. Could someone tell me what this v is? Is it the rate rather than the rate constant?

Equation used:
A --------> B
1.5B ----> 1.5 C

Please also take a look at the attached image for clarification. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Jikson
2022-12-01 15_52_34-COPASI 4.35 (Build 258).png

Hoops, Stefan (sh9cq)

Dec 1, 2022, 10:31:25 AM12/1/22
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jikson,

Please have look at the reactions. Since the second reaction has non-
integer stoichiometry mass action kinetics cannot be applied. You will
have to create your own kinetics.

Thanks,
Stefan
--