Parameter Estimation Task with Time Course failed

isami sogabe

Jan 18, 2021, 6:20:33 AM1/18/21
to COPASI User Forum
Dear All,

I have a problem on parameter estimation task. To compare with estimation values and relative experimental values, I created the global quantity value (e.g.  props_ANa;S/T), which is an assignment rule that express the proportion of the species. I tried to map experimental data to model species, and set some parameters to optimize the objective value, but I got the 'Inf' value while the parameter estimation task was running. I went to the COPASI User Forum and saw the close problem, so this would be something wrong with data mapping. I shared the COPASI file and experimental data. Any advice and help will be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Isami

Frank Bergmann

Jan 18, 2021, 7:26:35 AM1/18/21
to COPASI User Forum
Hello Isami,

the inf value reported, just means, that COPASI was not able to find a valid solution at all, trying to evaluate the model. The issue is likely with the assignment rules on those global quantities you created. If you look at them (after just running the current solution statistic) you will find that their initial value and transient value is Not a Number (as you are dividing by 0 i suspect). So you will have to double check them first. I just changed them to add a constant to the denominator, and with that the parameter estimation proceeds.

best
Frank

isami sogabe

Jan 19, 2021, 1:16:15 AM1/19/21
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello Frank,

I just add constants to the denominator of the global quantity value, and the parameter estimation proceeded.
Thanks for your nice advice.

Isami

2021年1月18日(月) 21:26 Frank Bergmann <frank.thom...@gmail.com>:

創価大学大学院理工学研究科生命理学専攻 1年 木下研究室
Graduate School of Bioscience, SOKA University.
Kinoshita Lab.
学籍番号(student ID)       :20M5908
名前  (name)              :曽我部勇 ( Isami Sogabe)
電話番号(phone number):09036186731