Rate Law from Kd for a weak and transient PPI

Hikmet Emre Kaya

May 25, 2023, 4:54:33 AM5/25/23
to COPASI User Forum
Hello everyone,

This might be a silly question so bear with me as I try to revive my undergrad physical chemistry knowledge :)

Can one write a rate law in COPASI for a weak and transient interaction between two proteins for which Kd is given? Or does one need more information?

Thanks in advance.

Scampicchio Matteo Mario

May 25, 2023, 5:36:52 AM5/25/23
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com

Minimal info are:

  1. your mechanism (like, A + B -> C for an irreversible step or A + B = C for a reversible step).
  2. The initial concentration of reactants and products.

Time units can be second, days, weeks or else, no problem. Copasi can handle units.

Regards, Matteo

May 30, 2023, 10:06:13 AM5/30/23
to COPASI User Forum
Thank you for your response! I guess I am just stuck because I am trying to construct a model with a protein that interacts with a bunch of other proteins involved in cancerous signaling, but there is very little kinetics information to populate such a model. Has anyone struggled with similar problems, and how did you go about solving it?

Scampicchio Matteo Mario

May 30, 2023, 10:39:15 AM5/30/23
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com

I am afraid your question is more about experimental works in cancerous signaling rather than about Copasi. Consider redirecting your question to a forum more specialized to your field of study. Once you have a model and some kinetic data, we can help with Copasi.

Kind regards and good luck