One coeficient for two or more reactions

Roma Smirnov

May 8, 2022, 5:14:19 AM5/8/22
to COPASI User Forum
Dear COPASI community,

I built the Stochastic Simulation model with 24 reactions (fig.1). However, for each four reactions, I have the same parameters/coefficients. So that is why I have to change four sliders each time when I want to change one parameter (fig.2).

Is there any way to set the same coefficient for four different reactions so that eventually I had one slider for these four reactions?

Cheers,
Roma
Screenshot from 2022-05-08 11-58-17.png
Screenshot from 2022-05-08 11-59-39.png

Frank Bergmann

May 9, 2022, 2:54:24 AM5/9/22
to COPASI User Forum
Hello,

here you also want to use a global quantity. There you create a parameter for your coefficient that you want to have identical between your reactions. Then you click on the reaction, and in the parameter table, click on 'mapping' next to your k1 parameter (it would say local before), the new parameter you created will now show up and you can select it. Do the same for the other reaction that uses the same parameter. Now you can create sliders for the global parameter [1].

All the best
Frank

Roma Smirnov

May 13, 2022, 4:38:44 AM5/13/22
to COPASI User Forum
Sorry for delayed response. Yeah, everything works now, thank you a lot!

Roma