Time event

Tejal Odedra

Dec 24, 2021, 9:40:50 AM12/24/21
to COPASI User Forum
Hello,
I am very new to Copasi. currently I am trying to make a model that simulated T cell reactions to viral infection. I want to create an event so viral peptides are not formed until 30 seconds into the simulation. but Im not sure how to do this. theoretically after the viral proteins are being formed the amount of self protein present should switch. but right now they both just keep increasing continuously from the start.

Frank Bergmann

Dec 24, 2021, 9:44:30 AM12/24/21
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com
One idea would be to create an even that hits at time > 30, to set a parameter of your reaction (that initially would be 0, i.e. the reaction would be disabled) to the desired rate. Or you create a rate law that has a formula of k*(whatever kinetic formula you have) .. here initially k would be 0, but the event would set it to 1. If you need more details, maybe you can send us your model and tell us which reaction you would have turned on 30 seconds. in.

happy holidays
Frank