termination criterion

Zia

Mar 12, 2008, 8:48:53 AM3/12/08
to Java Genetic Algorithm (JGA)
Hi!

I just wanted to change the termination criterion of GA in JGA for my
application. I have used JGA for my problem (sequencing and scheduling
on a single machine). Presently the criterion is based on the maximum
number of generations which in most cases is wasteful to wait for.
Andrés suggested to modify the terminate method in a new class
extending GeneticAlgorithm class. I could not do it. The
GeneticAlgorithm methods are not visible other than run method. I was
busy with my transfer exam and then a long holiday, thats why I could
not get to u earlier. So far I have tested my models with maximum
number of generations but now for my future models I need to change
it. Immediate help is requested as I m stuck and cannot do any further
experimentations.

Regrads