PDMC meeting in responce to Obe district of Herat proince flooding - 05/05/201 @ 09:30 AM at the governor office

Shahrokh Pazhman

May 5, 2010, 12:06:52 AM5/5/10
to coord...@googlegroups.com, Sven....@wfp.org

Dear all,

 I just received a call from Mr.Mobariz head of ANDMA Herat informing me about flash flood in Obe district of Herat province staring 1700hr yesterday. The initial reports show that nine  people have died as a result of flooding. The governor and ANDMA offices have called for a PDMC meeting today at 09:30 am. All humanitarian agencies, UN, NGOs are invited to attend the meeting.

Time: Today Wednsday 05/05/2010 at 09:30 AM
Venue: Herat governor office

Dear ACBAR colleagues, Please forward this mail to NGOs

Sorry for short notice

See you all there

--
Regards,
Shahrokh Pazhman

Shahrokh Pazhman

May 5, 2010, 6:37:30 AM5/5/10
to coord...@googlegroups.com, coord...@googlegroups.com, Sven....@wfp.org, aref.a...@ugov.gov

Dear all,
The PDMC meeting was convened today at the governor office to discus the recent flood in Obe, Chesht-e-Sharif and Pashton Zarghon districts of Heart province. In the meeting it was reported that many families were badly affected by flash flood but no figure was presented by ANDMA/PDMC. Due to the urgency of the matter the meeting agreed to mobilize humanitarian assistance to 200 families in Obe district.
DoPH reported that DAC clinic in the area has registered 19 casualties (7 death [5 children] and 12 injured).
Response:
1.ARCS is currently conducting a need  assessment in the area.
2.The below items were committed to be send to the affected area today and further response will be made once a proper assessment is conducted.

UNICEF: Emergency Tents 50, Plastic Sheet 200, Water collapsible container (10 lit) 200, High Energy Biscuits 200 cartons [each carton 8kg], Bucket (40 lit) 200, New born emergency kit 50
 UNHCR: blanket 200
WFP: Their staff are currently in the affected area and conducting a need assessment, WFP will respond based on their assessment team findings.
IOM: Family kit 200
DAC; medical services for 100 individuals
IFRC: ARCS is currently assessing the area and IFRC will respond based on the assessment report, once it is received.
CHESVI: an Excavator and a Loader [vehicles for paving the roads and cleaning the debris]
HELP: 1,000kg cereals
Transportation Dept: providing transport for delivery of humanitarian assistance.
CRS: 150 blankets [to be confirmed]

Best

Shahrokh Pazhman <spaz...@gmail.com>
Sent by: coord...@googlegroups.com

2010/05/04 09:06 ب.ظ

Please respond to
coord...@googlegroups.com

coord...@googlegroups.com
cc
Sven....@wfp.org
Subject
PDMC meeting in responce to Obe district of Herat proince flooding -         05/05/201 @ 09:30 AM at the governor office

DACAAR Eng.wali

May 5, 2010, 7:12:25 AM5/5/10
to coord...@googlegroups.com, Sven....@wfp.org, aref.a...@ugov.gov
Dear Shahrokh:
You have not mention any thing about DACAAR participation that we will chlorinations and repairs all water pint in the area ,
 I hope you will clear the matter and inform all the related staff.
Best Regards.
Eng. Wale
--
Eng. Abdul Wali
Provincial Manager

Tel: +93 (0) 799 34 55 96
E-Mail: wsph...@dacaar.org
Website: www.dacaar.org

Shahrokh Pazhman

May 5, 2010, 7:29:58 AM5/5/10
to coord...@googlegroups.com
Dear Eng Sahib,
Sorry I missed to add the DACAAR's contribution in the responce section.

DAACAR

: Water points chlorination and reparing the damaged water points in the affected area [chlorine is provided by UNICEF)

Best

SP

2010/5/5 DACAAR Eng.wali <wsph...@dacaar.org>
email2.jpg

Ab. Raziq Kiani

May 12, 2000, 9:11:00 AM5/12/00
to coord...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. Pazhman
Thanks, for correcting and reminding of DACAAR contribution, but it should be mentioned that, as discussed in the meeting, chlorine for chlorination of all water points in Obe district will be provided by RRD Herat and DACAAR contributing in chlorination and repairing of all water points in the district.

Best regards
--
Abdul Raziq Kiani
Herat Provincial Manager