Flash Floods in Ghor Province

Shahrokh Pazhman

May 4, 2010, 11:31:58 PM5/4/10
to coord...@googlegroups.com, Wael Haj-Ibrahim, Kinuthia Stephen

Dear all,
ANDMA Ghor informed OCHA last night at 2100hrs( 04 May) that it is heavily raining in Gheghcheran ,provincial center of Ghor province,  Lal-wa-Sarjangal  and Charsada districts of Ghor province .According to ANDMA Flash flood has caused lots damages to the aforementioned areas.. The magnitude of the disaster is not clear yet.
Today at 06:30 am OCHA contacted ANDMA Ghor for more information and updates of situation  .ANDMA reported that Police HQ in Ghor has received a fax from Police station in Law-wa-Sarjangal indicating that  Lal-wa-Sarjangal is affected by heavy rain and flooding, namely Dezad ,Shoghal,Roghanghol,Khoja-e-josh villages Reportedly three people have died. More detail of the event is not availed yet.
OCHA recommended ANDMA to call for a PDMC meeting and send an assessment team to conduct a rapid assessment of the area. Meanwhile, I want to request all humanitarian agencies and other organizations working in Ghor to provide us with the information they may have on flooding and its humanitarian impact on communities in Ghor province. Those who do not have presence in Ghor and are covering Ghor from WR please keep your emergency stocks on stand by and once we received the assessment report of PDMC will share it with you for your consideration.

Emergency Stock Available in Ghor:
According ANDMA Ghor PDMC has 130 winter kit [from IOM ] and 200 blankets in their stock.

Best regards,

Abdul Rahman Tariq

May 5, 2010, 12:12:18 AM5/5/10
to coord...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sir,

This morning our district manager  Karim has called me and he mentioned bellow casualties:

·         19 persons  killed in Lal

·         Around 600 animals were died

·         A huge quantity of irrigated land was destroyed  (which include our project coverage land as well)

·         One of our rented vehicle when was traveling with our SHGS facilitator was but our staff are ok

·         One village was completely ruined

Abdul Rahman Tariq

Afghanaid Provincial Programmme Manager.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5086 (20100504) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5086 (20100504) __________

http://www.eset.com