Fwd: O4P - New Class Coming Up - "Workers Rising Everywhere"

Marc Cryer

Apr 28, 2021, 3:17:22 PM4/28/21
to coop maine list serve list serve

Last fall there was an online Strike School led by Jane McAlevey with presenters from unions in the U.S. and abroad that had led successful strikes and organizing campaigns.  This class is coming back and time is running out to sign up.  Did I mention this is free and that there will be tenant organizers and community organizers in addittion ot unions in our cohort?  To participate you can sign up directly but you will need to bring 10 people with you to the class.  Otherwise join the Maine AFL-CIO and register here, as part of the Maine team:  registration is open now.

This class will focus on the core organizing skills – skills you can use if you are organizing your co-workers or residents of your town or people in our state to make change in your workplace, your town, the laws and policies of our state…the world.

In addition to Jane McAlevey, there will be a wider panel of international leaders this time. The class will go deeper into identifying organic leaders, semantics, organizing conversations that work, testing your structures. This class won’t include other topics that were packed into the last one, so we can really dive into these core organizing skills. If you were there last time you heard Jane and her team say how important practice is – they all do it – and we can too.

Here are the details:

·       Tuesdays: May 18, May 25, June 1, June 8, June 15, June 22 (2 hours)

·       Choice of either 12noon series OR 8pm series (same class content twice on each day)

·       Maine Team Debriefs: Thursdays times TBD (1 hour)

·       All classes and debriefs online via Zoom

·       There is no charge to participate. We ask you to plan to attend all classes and as many debriefs as possible.

Watch a short video about the class  www.bit.ly/WorkersRisingPreview2021 (case sensitive)         Learn more: www.bit.ly/WorkersRisingMaine

I hope you will consider joining me again for this class, and inviting more of your group to come with you. I’m happy to answer any questions you have. And if you already know you want to do it, you can register here.

I cut and pasted, plaigerised might be a better word, most of letter from a longer one sent by Cynthia Phinney, Pres. Maine AFL-CIO.

Be well.

--
Marc T. Cryer, Director

Bureau of Labor Education
University of Maine, 5713 Chadbourne Hall
Room 210, Orono, ME 04469-5713
Office:   (207) 581-4126
Cell:      (205) 529-5086

O4P WorkersRising 2021 Flier FINAL-3.pdf