Baldwin House: Debt Free Futures

Si V

Nov 28, 2023, 2:35:34 PM11/28/23
to coo...@googlegroups.com, DCcommun...@googlegroups.com
Hey all!

Baldwin House are launching a campaign to build a future for the Baldwin House Cooperative that is free from banks and traditional wealth-building which relies on perpetually increasing property values. Our goal is to raise another $2 million to pay off our bank loan by Juneteenth 2024—Baldwin House’s three-year anniversary. This means raising $500,000 by the end of 2023 and another $250,000 per month next year. We know this is a daunting task, but we have experienced the power of radical optimism that lies within our communities. This is how we are going to create long-term affordable housing, a debt-free future, and a supportive community resource.

To donate to the campaign: https://givebutter.com/debt-free-futures
They're also hosting an event about the power of cooperatives, and what being debt free and obtaining financial sovereignty mean to them.

Cheers,
Si