Ella Baker to be Inducted into the Co-op Hall of Fame Oct. 6

Ajowa Ifateyo

Sep 5, 2022, 7:24:28 PM9/5/22
to Coops & Solidarity Economy in DC
Many people do not know that before she worked in the Civil Rights Movement, Ella was a strong advocate for cooperatives during the Great Depression to meet the needs of black people, and with George Schuyler formed the Young Negroes Cooperative League.  Baker will be recognized as the first "Unsung Cooperative Heroes" by the the Cooperative Development Foundation and inducted into the Cooperative Hall of Fame. The ceremony takes place Oct. 6 at the National Press Building.  For more information, check out:  https://www.heroes.coop.

Kristin Wilcox Feldman

Sep 5, 2022, 7:59:47 PM9/5/22
to coo...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful news!!!!

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 7:24 PM Ajowa Ifateyo <ifa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Many people do not know that before she worked in the Civil Rights Movement, Ella was a strong advocate for cooperatives during the Great Depression to meet the needs of black people, and with George Schuyler formed the Young Negroes Cooperative League.  Baker will be recognized as the first "Unsung Cooperative Heroes" by the the Cooperative Development Foundation and inducted into the Cooperative Hall of Fame. The ceremony takes place Oct. 6 at the National Press Building.  For more information, check out:  https://www.heroes.coop.

Ajowa Nzinga Ifateyo

Sep 5, 2022, 10:34:37 PM9/5/22
to CoopDC
Indeed! Thank you!

--
*Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned, the last fish has been caught, will we realize that we can’t eat money.
—Cree Indians.

Ajowa Nzinga Ifateyo
she/her

A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature

202-538-0007
Create a business and a job that you love!
Everything is Perfect. Love Everyone. Hate No One.  -- Jose Arguelles final words, March 2011.
(1) Check out http://www.lawoftime.org
(2) Read GEO newsletter:  http://www.geo.coop for news about alternative economic organizing.
(3) Buy Tachyon (energy) products---http://www.planet-tachyon.com/Ajowa
(4) Buy Oxysilver, http://www.healthyworldaffiliates.com/5499