Affordable Room in Petworth Housing Collective

Katie Petitt

Jan 8, 2020, 1:22:25 AM1/8/20
to Coops & Solidarity Economy in DC
Looking for a new addition house: February - August sublet, with a possible opportunity to extend.

The House – A spacious row house built in the early 1900s, a young Yellowwood tree grows in the front yard and rocking chairs line the front porch. Entering into the front door, the sprawling living room is warm with the glow of hardwood floors and natural light. Just steps from the kitchen is a secluded garden which is looking for an additional housemate who would like to give it love and care. The Petworth farmers market is a few blocks away every summer. High-speed wireless Internet, dishwasher, and laundry included. No TV/cable. Located on a street with a bike lane on a lot just 4 blocks from the Petworth metro station and 1 block from major bus lines downtown, the house is easily accessible to anywhere in DC.

Jam-packed with amenities and located on prime real estate: this house is a jack-pot for the right housemate.

The Housemates – We are four diverse housemates in our mid-twenties to early thirties who work in community organizing, grassroots fundraising, and non-profit work related to immigration. In our free time we are culture enthusiasts, yogis, gymnasts, hashers, farmers, gardeners, and art activists, and are always excited to try something new.

The Room - $669.60/month, available starting February 1st. A west-facing, cozy room on the second level of the house, fully furnished with a bed, dresser, and end table. Includes one large window and brings in a lot of light, perfect for watching sunsets.

What We’re Looking For - We are interested in a fun-loving, engaging person that is looking to make DC, especially Petworth, their home. We would like a housemate who is willing to take ownership and initiative to bring energy to the house and build community within our 4 walls. Our strong preference is for a stable someone with medium-term to long-term plans to stay here...someone who is ready to fall in love with Petworth, and with us.

This is not your typical group house. We are a vegetarian household and contribute to a monthly food budget. Though we don’t require group meals, we often prepare food to share and flexing your culinary muscles is highly encouraged.

We keep our common space neat and tidy, and we’re looking for someone who values cleanliness, but can roll with things when someone else hosts the occasional get-together. We also would want to live with someone who is actively interested in contributing to house meals, maintaining our beautiful garden, and is comfortable with dogs.

Can’t wait to move in? Send an email to katie...@gmail.com telling us about you, your passions, and why you want to make this house your home.