Fwd: Building solidarity economy movements, not silos

7 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Ajowa Ifateyo

ungelesen,
16.01.2023, 09:30:0716.01.23
an
Hi All:

I am sharing this call for folks who are involved in solidarity economy organizing to agree to principles governing our work. Please review the letter below and links to the principles and if you, your organization and other networks you might be involved in are interested and have questions, please  email the contact address or call Cheyenna, who is doing amazing work in NYC.

Ajowa Nzinga Ifateyo

A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature

(she/her/hers)

If we surrendered to Earth's intelligence, we could rise up, rooted like trees.
     -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Grassroots Economic Organizing

From: Cheyenna Weber <cheyenna...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 8:48 AM
To: connect-nec <conne...@neweconomy.net>

Dear NEC folks,

  Have you ever:

  • wished for more room in your work to reflect on the how and what of building solidarity economy movements?

  • wanted an easy way to connect with peers about common but difficult challenges in building solidarity relationships and practices?

  • yearned for greater cooperation and less competition among peers building solidarity economy movements?

You are not alone! The lack of shared vision and alignment about the how and what is precisely why a collective of longtime co-op and solidarity economy organizers created the Solidarity Economy Principles Community of Practice (or, the “SEP Community” for short). Come build us!

The tl;dr version is the SEP Community is launching March 19th at 1pm ET with an online Zoom gathering of leaders whose organizations have committed to upholding the Solidarity Economy Principles and Practices at solidarityeconomyprinciples.org. Spanish/English interpretation available. Sign up  and learn more.

Not sure yet this is right for your group? Come get to know the vision for co-ops in solidarity economy movements that we’re growing together at these upcoming PeoplesHub events. All are welcome. You can register at the links below.

Introduction to Solidarity Economy Movements on February 13th.

Liberation Culture: Applying Solidarity Economy Principles and Practices on March 6th

Can’t make it? Visit Solidarity Economy Principles to explore the principles and practices, check out the Organizing and Reflection tool for groups, or to request a workshop for your community.

We hope to see you there! If you’ve got any questions in the meantime, shoot them over to con...@solidarityeconomyprinciples.org.

In solidarity,

Cheyenna

On behalf of the Solidarity Economy Principles and Practices Collective — Annie, Dru, Eli, Jamila, Lauren, Marcia, Olivia G, Olivia W, Rachel, Saduf, and Thomas

--

***
Cheyenna Layne Weber

All of the US is built on stolen Native land. Support the Native communities who make NYC home: mannahattafund.org

--

***
Cheyenna Layne Weber
she/her (Why pronouns?)
Cell: 917-319-1976

All of the US is built on stolen Native land. Support the Native communities who make NYC home: mannahattafund.org
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten