DC Co-op Day 2019! Saturday 10/26, 10am-4pm @ The ARC

Jennifer Bryant

Oct 10, 2019, 12:40:41 PM10/10/19
to coo...@googlegroups.com
Peace Everyone,

I wanted to share the Eventbrite link for DC Co-op Day on Saturday 10/26 from 10am-4pm at the ARC in Ward 8: https://bit.ly/35pcR5G

I've included the event description below. This event is free and open to everyone. If you'd like more info or to get involved feel free to email me at jbr...@wacif.org
--

DC Co-op Day 2019

Co-ops are important tools for creating racial, gender and economic justice.

On October 26, 2019, DC Co-op Day will bring together the DC co-op ecosystem - worker co-ops, limited equity housing co-ops, food co-ops, co-op technical assistance providers and co-op advocates - for a day of learning, connecting and organizing.

We will learn together about DC’s radical co-op history and we will have workshops that cover things like:

  • Co-op governance and decision making,
  • How to start a co-op, and
  • How co-ops can get access to financing.

Co-op developers and lawyers will also be available to provide free advice.

Join us to help build the DC co-op ecosystem!!

Breakfast and lunch will be provided for attendees!

The event is free, but seating is limited. Early registration is encouraged. Free parking is available. The closest metro stations are Congress Heights or Southern Avenue on the Green Line.