Fwd: Join ONE DC at the People's Assembly!

Jessica Gordon-Nembhard

Jan 22, 2020, 11:46:14 PM1/22/20
Please consider attending.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: ONE DC <orga...@onedconline.org>
Date: Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 11:54 AM
Subject: Join ONE DC at the People's Assembly!
To: Jessica Gordon-Nembhard <jgordon...@gmail.com>

ONE DC

Dear Jessica,

Do you believe in a DC that is equitable for all? Then help us build a movement of 10,000 DC residents to fight for it!

ONE DC invites you to join us in our first ever People's Assembly, a participatory gathering of DC residents where we will set the priorities for ONE DC's Right to Housing and Right to Income Campaigns in 2020. We need your voice in the room to help us shape our work for the coming year so we can build power and take action to take back DC!

The People's Assembly will take place place Saturday, February 1 from 10am to 4pm at All Souls Church, 1500 Harvard St NW. Lunch, childcare, and transportation will be provided.

Can't make it but want to support this event? We are looking for sponsors to help cover the costs of space rental, food, and materials. Donate here!

For more information, contact us at orga...@onedconline.org or 202.232.2915.

ONE DC
Become a ONE DC member

ONE DC · 614 S Street Northwest, Carriage House in Rear, Washington, DC 20001, United States
This email was sent to jgordon...@gmail.com. To stop receiving emails, click here.
You can also keep up with ONE DC on Twitter or Facebook.

Created with NationBuilder, the essential toolkit for leaders.

--

Jessica Gordon-Nembhard, Ph.D.  jgordon...@gmail.com

Author of Collective Courage: A History of African American Cooperative Economic Thought and PracticeSee http://www.psupress.org/books/titles/978-0-271-06216-7.html    and http://www.geo.coop/CollectiveCourage

Please note that I now use a hyphen between my 2 last names: Jessica  Gordon-Nembhard.

2016 Inductee into the US Cooperative Hall of Fame (www.heroes.coop)

Political Economist and Professor of Community Justice and Social Economic Development

Chair, Department of Africana Studies

Affiliate Faculty: Environmental Psychology Ph.D. Program, The Graduate Center, CUNY; and Economics Masters Program, John Jay, CUNY

John Jay College, City University of NY
524 West 59th St.,
9th Floor Room 63.06
New York, NY  10019
646-557-4658 direct;
Dept. 212-237-8764;
 Fax: 212-237-8099www.jjay.cuny.edu

Affiliate Scholar, Centre for the Study of Cooperatives, Univ. of Saskatchewan

Celebrating the International Decade of Cooperatives

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she turned into a butterfly."                                                                  ~ Anonymous