Canning tips?

Heather Lalley

Aug 19, 2010, 10:35:52 AM8/19/10
to cooking-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi all --

I hope everyone is enjoying their wonderful summer produce.

I've been experimenting a bit with canning -- made some really good salsa, some so-so pickles & some surprisingly good sweet pickled watermelon rind. I'm kind of hooked on canning now and would love any advice/resources/recipes.

Here's my newbie canner post.

Cheers,
Heather

kcor...@mbipublishing.com

Aug 19, 2010, 12:01:17 PM8/19/10
to cooking-a...@googlegroups.com

Hi, all,

Boy, do I have canning tips! Check out The Fresh Girl’s Guide to Easy Canning and Preserving. Lot’s of great recipes, canning dos and don’ts, nice long, how-to section at the front of the book, plus a dvd that shows how to make jam, salsa, and how to use a pressure canner.

http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Girls-Guide-Canning-Preserving/dp/0760338469/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1282229428&sr=1-1

For quick, online help, check out your local university extension service…they offer lots of helpful canning tips.

Good luck!

Kari

Heather Lalley

Aug 19, 2010, 5:01:18 PM8/19/10
to cooking-a...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! I really appreciate it. I'll check that one out.

Cheers,
Heather