zucchini "noodles"

Amy Martell

Jul 10, 2010, 6:13:50 PM7/10/10
to cooking-a...@googlegroups.com
Hey all -

Since zucchini that is going to start flooding your boxes, if it hasn't already, I thought I would offer a raw treat that keeps ours from rotting.  We use a "saladacco" spiral slicer and make zucchini "noodles!"  (See one here).  They are lovely and crunchy, and you can top them with anything - a light tomato-based sauce, or, for instance, what we did today - a marinade made from a  dash each of tamari, lime juice and rice vinegar, a couple drops of toasted sesame oil, some chopped fresh mint, and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.  Left in the fridge for about 10 minutes to get chilly and mixed.  Delicious.  Obviously you can get creative.

Cheers!