Mysql

alessandro

Sep 17, 2009, 11:33:03 AM9/17/09
to Conzilla
Ciao, I've a mysql database that I need to connect to conzilla for map
building.
Is it possible?
thx

Hannes Ebner

Sep 18, 2009, 9:16:12 AM9/18/09
to conz...@googlegroups.com

No, Conzilla doesn't support connections to databases, everything is
based on triples and it would require a triple store instead.

Even if Conzilla had support for random RDF sources it wouldn't work,
the visual information for displaying a conceptual model would be
missing (which could be solved by using an algorithm for arranging
concepts automatically in a map).

Feel free to contribute some code, everything is Open Source.

Best regards,
Hannes

Steinn E. Sigurðarson

Sep 18, 2009, 9:56:43 AM9/18/09
to conz...@googlegroups.com
Would be cool to have a "plugin" for ConZilla which generates a map
from a mysql schema :-)

*hint*hint* Alessandro ;-)

At least I haven't come across a good f/oss tool which visually
represents schemas from an existing design, very well (dia had some
support for doing it the other way around I think, but it was
complex/ugly/both last I tried it a few years ago).

Best,
Steinn
--
Respectfully,