Reminder: Ongoing Poly Negotiation Class tomorrow at TES in NYC

Corey Alexander

Jul 27, 2010, 10:50:13 AM7/27/10

Hi folks,

This is a reminder about my class on polyamory negotiation, tomorrow, July 28 at TES, for the Relationships SIG. I made copies of my handouts yesterday, and they are full of the resources, questions, and lists that my handouts usually boast. I'm excited to teach this class! It's at Joria Studios, 260 W 36th, 3rd Floor, NYC. Doors open at 730pm, class starts at 8pm.

You Don’t Just Do It Once: Ongoing Relationship Negotiation in Polyamory

Initial negotiations are challenging enough, how do you continue to negotiate polyamorous relationships as they develop and shift? This class will offer tools for figuring out what you need, what has changed, what you want to change, and how to go about talking about that with your parter(s). It will also offer you specific tips for negotiating poly relationships as a non-primary partner, dealing with common conflicts in  polyamory negotiation, addressing broken agreements and difficulties with trust, and adjusting your relationships as (all of) you change. This advanced interactive workshop is an intended follow up to Corey’s class What Do I Need Anyway? Relationship Negotiation From Ds to Poly, but can stand alone if you have not taken that class.

I am heading up Programming and Special Events for The Floating World 2010, which will happen in Edison, NJ on August 20-22, 2010. I'm very excited about that. I hope that all of you will join me at this amazing event! I will be facilitating a panel on butch identity and kink, and hosting the author reading where I will also be reading my erotica, alongside Patrick Califia, Cecilia Tan, and Laura Antoinou.

The Floating World is one of the biggest alt-sex educational and play events of the year: three full days of great presenters, special events, a huge playspace and an incredibly diverse community of attendees. I have worked hard to create a very strong queer presence at this event; we have an amazing roster of queer presenters, are creating queer specific spaces at the event including an LGBTQ meet and greet, two queer parties (hosted by the Switch party organizer), and a queer lounge where you can hang out with, ask questions of and get one on one mentoring from queer presenters.

Here are just a few of the fine people presenting: Andrea Zanin (aka SexGeek), Angel and Sebastien, Anita Wagner, Barbara Carrellas, Brian Pyrosadist, Catherine Gross, Cecilia Tan, Cleo Dubois, DeLano, Dov, Eve Minax, Fakir Musafar, Femcar, Glenda Rider, Ignacio Rivera, Jim Deuder, Laura Antoniou, Lee Harrington, Lolita Wolf, Mollena Williams, MojoDaddy, Master Obsidian and slave namaste, Nayland, Patrick Califia, Raven Kaldera, Suzanne SxySadist, Wintersong Tashlin and many more! (Look for a full list on our website.)

The schedule is out, and it is chock full of amazing programming. Take a look!

The deadline to register for The Floating World is July 31--This Saturday!--, so don't miss your chance to attend this amazing event.

Coming up this fall: so far, I am reading at Drunken Careening Writers, and teaching about fatphobia at NYU.

You probably already know that I write queer kinky erotica under the nom de plume Xan West. My story, "Lucky" just came out in Best SM Erotica 3. My story, "Willing" is recently out in the collection Men at Noon, Monsters at Midnight. My story "First Time Since", which was printed in Hurts So Good, won Honorable Mention for the 2008 National Leather Association's John Preston Short Fiction Award. My story “Lucky” was recently printed in the Norwegian magazine Cupido. I also have several pieces of erotica in anthologies that are on the shelves now (Biker Boys, Backdraft, Hurts So Good, Best Women's Erotica 09, Leathermen, Frenzy, Daddies, Men on the Edge, Cruising for Bad Boys, Pleasure Bound, and SexTime: Erotic Stories of Time Travel). I wrote the introduction to Wired Hard 4, which was recently published by Circlet Press. It's an amazing collection and well worth the read. My work is slated to appear in Blood Sacraments, In Plain View, I Like to Watch, Best Lesbian Erotica 2011, and Cupido magazine.

I hope to see you tomorrow at TES!

Corey Alexander

Corey Alexander is an NYC based FTM kink educator and writer. He was the founding facilitator of the Queer Special Interest Group at The Eulenspiegal Society and has been a kink educator since 2003. He writes erotica under the nom de plume Xan West, and is Head of Programming and Special Events for The Floating World 2010.

Email: praxispr...@gmail.com
Blog: http://tgstonebutch.livejournal.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TGStoneButch
Fetlife: http://fetlife.com/users/40282
Google Discussion Group: http://groups.google.com/group/corey-alexander-classes

This announcement list is not intended to be SPAM.  You have been added to this list because you expressed interest in being on it, seeing me teach, or in events I have organized in the past.  If you do not wish to be on this list, let me know.