[Conversio Virium Discussion] stone class in SF at the Exiles this Friday 4/23 at 8pm

1 view

Corey Alexander

Apr 20, 2010, 4:17:54 PM4/20/10

Hi folks!

I am in the Bay Area (I love this place!) and I will be teaching my class on Stone Sexuality and Kink at The Exiles in San Francisco this Friday April 23, 2010. 8pm, at the Women's Building, 3543 18th Street. I am so excited to be bringing this class to the Exiles, and am really looking forward to it.

Stone Sexuality and Kink: For Stones and Their Partners

Stone is often only seen as an absence, a loss, a problem.  This class offers an alternative perspective on stone, celebrating the hotness of stone sex and play, discussing ways to address the impact of anti-stone prejudice, and ways to honor who we are now even if we are exploring ways to push our own boundaries. This interactive workshop will focus on the challenges and especially the pleasures of stone sexuality and kink, while honoring the complexities that each of us bring to a discussion of stone.

I will be teaching a class on drop and aftercare at TES on Tuesday June 15, at Joria Studios, 260 W 36th, 3rd Floor, NYC. Doors open 730pm, event starts at 8pm.

Strategizing Re-entry: Drop and Aftercare

You have gone to scary and wonderful places. You have flown high, dropped deep, exploded into tiny bits, or feel like you own the universe. Ever have a hard time getting back to the rest of the world? Ever struggle in recovering from sex, scenes or weekend events? Ever grapple with opposing aftercare needs or expectations? Ever have difficulty getting your aftercare needs met? This class will offer tools to help you identify what you need out of aftercare, make aftercare work for you and your partner(s), and deal with drop.

This is a more focused version of my overview closure class (Wrapping It Up), that spends more time and depth on aftercare and scene/sex/event drop. Taking the feedback of the folks who attended my overview class, I have split off the scene and relationship closure portion of the class into a separate class. I am excited about teaching this for TES, and getting to go into more depth about aftercare and drop.

For you folks on the other side of the country, I will be traveling to Baltimore to teach about stone sexuality and identity at Sugar on June 27 at 6pm. 927 West 36th St., Hampden Baltimore, MD

Stone Sexuality and Identity: For stones and our partners
Stone is often only seen as an absence, a loss, a problem.  This workshop offers an alternative perspective on stone, celebrating the hotness of stone sexuality, discussing ways to address the impact of anti-stone prejudice, and ways to honor who we are now–even if we are exploring ways to push our own boundaries. This interactive workshop/discussion will focus on the challenges and especially the pleasures of stone sexuality, while honoring the complexities that each of us bring to a discussion of stone.

Coming up this summer...

I will be teaching a follow up class to my relationship negotiation workshop focused on polyamory negotiation, this summer at TES, for the Relationships SIG date TBD.

You Don’t Just Do It Once: Ongoing Relationship Negotiation in Polyamory

Initial negotiations are challenging enough, how do you continue to negotiate polyamorous relationships as they develop and shift? This class will offer tools for figuring out what you need, what has changed, what you want to change, and how to go about talking about that with your parter(s). It will also offer you specific tips for negotiating poly relationships as a non-primary partner, dealing with common conflicts in  polyamory negotiation, addressing broken agreements and difficulties with trust, and adjusting your relationships as (all of) you change. This advanced interactive workshop is an intended follow up to Corey’s class What Do I Need Anyway? Relationship Negotiation From Ds to Poly, but can stand alone if you have not taken that class.

I am heading up Programming and Special Events for The Floating World 2010, which will happen in Edison, NJ on August 20-22, 2010. I'm very excited about that. I hope that all of you will join me at this amazing event!

I write queer kinky erotica under the nom de plume Xan West. My story "Ready" is just out in the new collection Biker Boys. My story “Lucky” (previously published in Best Women's Erotica 2009 and soon to be published in Best SM Erotica Volume 3) was recently printed in the Norwegian magazine Cupido. I also have several pieces of erotica in anthologies that are on the shelves now (Backdraft, Hurts So Good, Best Women's Erotica 09, Leathermen, Frenzy, Men on the Edge, Cruising for Bad Boys, Pleasure Bound, and SexTime: Erotic Stories of Time Travel). I wrote the introduction to Wired Hard 4, which was recently published by Circlet Press. It's an amazing collection and well worth the read. My story, "Missing Daddy", which was printed in Daddies, is a finalist for the 2009 National Leather Association's John Preston Short Fiction Award. You may recall that my story "First Time Since", which was printed in Hurts So Good, won Honorable Mention for the 2008 National Leather Association's John Preston Short Fiction Award.

I hope to see you this Friday at the Exiles!

Corey Alexander

Corey Alexander is an NYC based FTM kink educator and writer. He was the founding facilitator of the Queer Special Interest Group at The Eulenspiegal Society and has been a kink educator since 2003. He writes erotica under the nom de plume Xan West, and is Head of Programming for The Floating World 2010.

Email: praxispr...@gmail.com
Blog: http://tgstonebutch.livejournal.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TGStoneButch
Fetlife: http://fetlife.com/users/40282
Google Discussion Group: http://groups.google.com/group/corey-alexander-classes

This announcement list is not intended to be SPAM.  You have been added to this list because you expressed interest in being on it, seeing me teach, or in events I have organized in the past.  If you do not wish to be on this list, let me know.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Conversio Virium" group, a mailing list intended for discussion of BDSM, kink, and sexuality-related topics by the members of Conversio Virium and their friends. Conversio Virium is New York City's student BDSM education group.

conversioviri...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group's web site at
http://groups.google.com/group/conversiovirium?hl=en

For more information about Conversio Virium, visit the official CV web site at
http://conversiovirium.org/