new feature project: interactive line chart

Rainer MTB

Aug 17, 2019, 10:08:07 PM8/17/19
to ControlsFX
let me introduce a project I did put together https://github.com/RainerMtb/DataPlotter

It is an extension of LineChart such that the chart area can be zoomed and panned like a map service, for example when using Google Maps. Run the Examples class to get an impression.
Additionally I extended ValueAxis to feature nicer intervals between major tick marks. I also did some convenience methods to provide data to such charts.

If you think that could become a contribution to controlsfx feel free to either use the code or contact me.

Rainer

Samir Hadzic

Aug 27, 2019, 11:04:14 AM8/27/19
to ControlsFX
Hi,

Your project seems nice. I have only ran it quickly without looking at the API. You could submit your idea on the Github here : https://github.com/controlsfx/controlsfx

Next steps would be to tweak it in order to have a consistent API that would allow people to use it easily, maybe extend it.

Thanks!

Rainer MTB

Sep 2, 2019, 1:30:04 PM9/2/19
to ControlsFX
Hi,

there sure would be work to do on that code, I will look into submitting, but not sure when I get to this project.

Thanks, Rainer