New DnD Docking library

Christian Carlow

Dec 22, 2019, 9:47:24 AM12/22/19
to ControlsFX
Spreading awareness of the Docking library I started after various other docking projects proved too limited.

DockFX seems to be the most popular available but is limited due to using MouseEvents over DockEvents to control docking behavior.

There was an effort a while back to integrate DockFX into ControlsFX but it was closed for some reason.

My project still needs plenty of work but its use of DragEvents allows for much greater flexibility over DockFX.

I informed the openjfx mailing list of my project also hoping to get feedback after I discovered the following issue related to supporting draggable tabs which seems to describe a partial docking system: