UV curing epoxy resin , uv light print head low torque

joshua w.

Dec 4, 2009, 9:58:57 AM12/4/09
to Contraptor
Ultraviolet Light head could cure UV sensitive Clear epoxy resin for
solar collectors this would be a very low torque head.

Tell me your thoughts on this...

Riley Porter

Dec 4, 2009, 10:23:10 AM12/4/09
to contr...@googlegroups.com
What is your desired application or output?
--
Riley Porter
Sr. Network Security Engineer

Offensive Security - OSCP
SANS GIAC - GCIH
CCNA, Security+
ACSA - Arcsight Security Analyst

joshua wojnas

Dec 4, 2009, 11:31:26 AM12/4/09
to contr...@googlegroups.com
Large Freshnel lenses for solar power generation by putting the sheets
on a streached done like angle iorn frame like a tent pointing at a
chemical blackened oil filled steel tube used to heat watter on one
end to run a steam turbine.

The clear acrilic could be casted using some mold type if their was a
tilt head on a contraptor 4th axis or use a UV curing light source to
cure UV resin into the freshnel lense.

--
thanks for your time,
Joshua Wojnas

Riley Porter

Dec 4, 2009, 11:43:52 AM12/4/09
to contr...@googlegroups.com
Sounds awesome hehe. I am into alt energy too.  However how does it apply to contrapor was what I was saying?  To power contraptions?  Or to make a contraption that helps capture solar energy :)

Vitaly Mankevich

Dec 4, 2009, 3:19:07 PM12/4/09
to contr...@googlegroups.com
I really don't know a lot about Stereolithography process, other than
that it involves UV laser and bath of resin, has good accuracy, is
slow and the resin is expensive. I'd imagine this would be especially
true with a large object. Also you'd want a perfect finish for a lens.

I've seen SLA discussed a few times on Reprap forums, couple of google hits:
very old thread: http://dev.forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,189,706
http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?70,9314,9728,quote=1