If Linux cnc or EMC2 are used to run the comptraptor and the A3979 motor driver what pins should be brought out?

joshua w.

Dec 11, 2009, 12:02:24 AM12/11/09
to Contraptor
If Linux cnc or EMC2 are used to run the comptraptor and the A3979
motor driver what pins should be brought out?
these i was not shure EMC can control so I am hardwireing them. right?
SLEEP
RESET
Microstep = 16

what pins should be brought to the parrellel port?
gnd
dir
step
enable /

Vitaly Mankevich

Dec 11, 2009, 12:17:58 AM12/11/09
to contr...@googlegroups.com
Here is a good info/schematic for parallel port:
http://pminmo.com/pport/pport.htm
I think it would be nice to have jumpers determine the microstepping
mode, and I don't know what SLEEP and RESET do.