in regard to mini cnc the larger arduino chips 3... shown on adafruit are drop in replacements, more ram &flash.

joshua w.

Dec 8, 2009, 9:46:52 AM12/8/09
to Contraptor
the larger arduino chips 3... shown on adafruit are drop in
replacements they would have more ram & eeprom & flash.

Eather that or the reprap motherboard are both larger so is the s.. <-
arduino larger version the reprap team uses. That has proably been
tested and updated with newer arduino software.
This is in regard to the mini cnc.

joshua w.

Dec 8, 2009, 1:17:27 PM12/8/09
to Contraptor
The boarduino also comes with the larger avr mega that works with
arduino software. That might be nessisary for the mini cnc.

Vitaly Mankevich

Dec 11, 2009, 1:23:54 PM12/11/09
to contr...@googlegroups.com
True, Duemilanoves have more memory than Diecimilas. The GCode
Interpreter doesn't fit in 14K available on Diecimila unless you
compile on Linux with older Arduino software <=0012. I actually tested
mini CNC on Diecimila. Just now I got a couple of Duemilanoves, but
have yet to try them with the mini CNC.

I have not tried Sanguino yet.