Make Coupling Nut Clamp & Make Captive Nut drilled & tapped UHMW polyethelene might work good

joshua w.

Dec 13, 2009, 2:09:55 PM12/13/09
to Contraptor
Make Coupling Nut Clamp & Make Captive Nut drilled & tapped UHMW
polyethelene might work good. I am not mech. knowlegable but that
might work well yes no?
It would allow the captive nut bracket to bolt to drilled & tapped
delrin for a coupling nut & posibly captive nut.

Vitaly Mankevich

Dec 13, 2009, 2:55:29 PM12/13/09
to contr...@googlegroups.com
http://www.garagefab.cc/user/albanetcsr/2008/12/leadscrew-and-belt-drive-with-center-shaft-location-spider-hub-couplings
Second picture has Delrin ACME nut which mounts directly to lead nut mount.

I just need to test is a few more times and write up docs for it.
Perhaps UHMW could be used instead of Delrin too

joshua wojnas

Dec 13, 2009, 4:10:45 PM12/13/09
to contr...@googlegroups.com
if you look in answers.com UHMW polyethelene = delrin or polyethalene
= delrin and UHMW = harder delrin still slippery.

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=delrin&gwp=13

and here

http://www2.dupont.com/Plastics/en_US/Products/Delrin/Delrin.html
--
thanks for your time,
Joshua Wojnas

joshua wojnas

Dec 14, 2009, 12:24:09 PM12/14/09
to contr...@googlegroups.com
Could 2 15+ volt setups from pc power supplies the modern ones be used
to make a cheap 30v supply?
What do you sugjest ? I imagine their are regulators and transformers
that might give that kind of amperage & voltage.
could the 15+ & 15- be used for a 30v supply from a pc supply?
That would be most of what the chip can handle 35V 5v difference...
how much are the power supplies for a cnc machine?