Fwd: SQUAREDANCE on Friday June 25th w/ Makita Hack and Entire Cities!!

1 view

Stephen Cooper

Jun 23, 2010, 3:02:49 PM6/23/10
to contradanc...@googlegroups.com
This should be a fun night, especially if you like old-time fiddle music.
Steve

Entire Cities and Makita Hack join forces to bring you music and dance with the one and only Ivy Mairi calling.

Squaredance with Makita Hack and the Log Rollers and Entire Cities
Dance called by Ivy Mairi
Friday June 25th, 2010
at the Canadian Corps Hall, 201 Niagara St. (just south of King St.)
8:30pm to 1:30pm

NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!

There will be crinolines, trampolines, 4 dollar drinks, and more fiddles than you can imagine. The square dance will be amazing, followed by a set with the imcomparable Makita Hack and the Log Rollers, and then once you're good and warmed up, Entire Cities will take the stage to blast faces with their mad blend of country and old fashioned rock and roll.

Absolutely no experience required! Bring your grandmother and or your baby - all can join in the easy contra dance wonderfully explained by Miss Ivy Mairi. Wear ridiculous clothing! Dance madly holding hands and laughing with strangers! Get drunk on Molson Stock! Salute the queen and enjoy the wonderfully wood panelled Canadian Corps Hall, which will be no more as of next January... which doesn't mean we can't send the place out in high style!

if you would like to stop receiving updates about country-dance events, please send me an email. No hard feelings!! - ivy

KinderJazz

Jun 23, 2010, 6:09:22 PM6/23/10
to contradanc...@googlegroups.com
Hello Steve,
Thanks for the Square Dance invitation. As I receive many dance invitations, I don't always know the location. I'm wondering what city 201 Niagara Street is in. It would be helpful if, in future you indicated not only the street but the province or state, and the city.

Thanks,
Gwen

Jun 23, 2010, 6:45:58 PM6/23/10
to contradanc...@googlegroups.com
Niagara St is in downtown Toronto. With the summit closings you need to check if the Gardiner will be open.