Java project pipeline Point Break

Andrea Panattoni

May 18, 2015, 5:47:57 AM5/18/15
to continuou...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to better understand the chapter "Managing Components and Dependencies" of the Continuous Delivery book.
At page 360 (Pipelining Components) are listed some reasons to split a system into several different pipelines. The last one says:

"It takes too long to build your application, and creating builds for each
component will be faster (but beware, the point at which this becomes true
is much later than most people think)."

Does anyone have experience on where this point break is? How long does it take a must-split pipeline build at least? How many lines of code are we talking about?

Hoping this is not a duplicated thread.