[ContinualAI Seminars]: "Class-Incremental Continual Learning into the eXtended DER-verse"

Keiland Cooper

Sep 27, 2022, 4:54:14 AM9/27/22
to Continual Learning & AI News
Hi All,

Join us this Thursday 09-29-2022, 15:30 PM UTC, for the ContinualAI Seminar, where Matteo Boschini (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia) will present the paper:

Title: “Class-Incremental Continual Learning into the eXtended DER-verse”
Link: https://arxiv.org/abs/2201.00766

Abstract: Focusing on the Class-Incremental Continual Learning setting, we assess and overcome the pitfalls of our previous proposal Dark Experience Replay (DER). Inspired by the way our minds constantly rewrite past recollections and set expectations for the future, we endow our model with the abilities to i) revise its replay memory to welcome novel information regarding past data ii) pave the way for learning yet unseen classes. We investigate the effectiveness of the resulting method – termed eXtended-DER (X-DER) – on standard benchmarks and further provide extensive ablation studies that corroborate and extend the findings of our previous research (e.g.; the value of Knowledge Distillation and the meaning of flatter minima in continual learning).

---------------
- YouTube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVhEmGnkaho

- Microsoft Teams:
https://bit.ly/clai-seminars

- YouTube recordings of the previous sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/c/ContinualAI

Please also contact me if you want to speak at one of the next sessions!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

All the best,
Keiland Cooper

University of California
ContinualAI Co-founder