[ContinualAI Seminars]: "Real-World Considerations and Applications for Continual Machine Learning"

Keiland Cooper

Apr 19, 2022, 2:43:35 AM4/19/22
to Continual Learning & AI News
Hi All,

This Thursday 21-04-2022, 19.00 PM CEST, for the ContinualAI Seminar, Tyler Hayes (Rochester Institute of Technology) will present their recent work:

Title: “Real-World Considerations and Applications for Continual Machine Learning”

Abstract: In recent years, continual machine learning research has increased in popularity, which has resulted in several new continual training paradigms and methods. However, not all paradigms and methods are created equal, with some being more amenable to real-time applications like on-device learning. In this talk, we discuss several design considerations for online continual learning systems that learn/infer in real-time and can be used for various downstream applications. We then introduce online continual learning methods that fit these criteria and demonstrate their robustness to several real-world factors like limited memory/compute, imbalanced data streams, and applicability to large-scale high-resolution vision tasks. Finally, we make baseline recommendations and propose several avenues for future research

Please also contact me if you want to speak at one of the next sessions!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

All the best,
Keiland Cooper

University of California
ContinualAI Co-founder