how long does CV take to process a newly added URL?

Darrell Berry

Sep 11, 2009, 5:59:27 AM9/11/09
to contextvoice-dev
I added http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rtWoxb8J1k yesterday (which as
of then had 2 comments and a few replies from the content publisher).
A query on that URL today still returns (to me anyway) 0 comments...

am i missing something simple, or should i just be patient?

Dan Ciotu

Sep 11, 2009, 6:59:00 AM9/11/09
to contextv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darrell,

It seems that it has already gathered the reactions:

http://externalapi.contextvoice.com/1.2/reactions/?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rtWoxb8J1k

We crawl platforms like Twitter, Friendfeed, Digg, Reddit close to real-time (reactions appear in 1-2 minutes top), but there other platforms that don't support this feature yet.

Youtube is one of them and basically what we do is visit the specific feed from time to time in order to gather the reactions. This can cause delays but there's nothing we can do for the moment. Hopefully this will improve in time.

Best,
Dan

Darrell Berry

Sep 12, 2009, 7:41:42 AM9/12/09
to contextvoice-dev
thanks -- assumed that but good to hear officially