ContextVoice reactions limited compared to uberVU for same URL

Troy Sabin

Oct 13, 2009, 9:35:08 PM10/13/09
to contextvoice-dev
Hello,

While evaluating contextvoice I'm finding that the reactions for a
given URL are limted compared to the same URL in uberVU. My
understanding is uberVU is built on top of contextvoice, so I'm a bit
confused.

The URL I'm searching on is http://mashable.com/2009/10/06/retweetable-tweets/

uberVU shows over 1300 reactions, while CV shows 391. I'd appreciate
any insight on the discrepancy.

The API request I'm making is:
http://api.contextvoice.com/1.2/resources/search/?q=http://mashable.com/2009/10/06/retweetable-tweets/&apikey=[omitted]

the CV response is below.

<results offset="0" count="1" total="1">
<resource id="5b5b265d96b6381873bab2079b6e1439" hotness="1254875748"
relevance="100" published="" created_at="1254863576" author=""
generator="wordpress" type="blog.post.singular" reactions_count="391"
url="http://mashable.com/2009/10/06/retweetable-tweets/">
<title>5 Ways to Write Retweetable Tweets</title>
<content>
Youve heard about sticky content. Back in the days of Web 1.0 it was
what made folks stick around on your website. The idea was they would
stay a while, read every word and then buy whatever you were..
</content>
</resource>
</results>

Dan Ciotu

Oct 15, 2009, 4:17:01 AM10/15/09
to contextv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Troy,

The reactions count in the search endpoint is not the real one. We don't index all the reactions for searching purposes and this is why the count is lower than the real amount of reactions.

You can find the total number of reactions at:

http://externalapi.contextvoice.com/1.2/resources/?url=http://mashable.com/2009/10/06/retweetable-tweets/

Dan

Troy Sabin

Oct 19, 2009, 4:00:41 PM10/19/09