[VOTE] Release CSI spec v1.2.0 (closes 2019 Oct 23 22:00 UTC)

Saad Ali

Oct 18, 2019, 6:04:18 PM10/18/19
to container-storage-interface-community, container-storage-interface-approvers
I've cut a v1.2.0-rc1 release for the CSI specification (candidate for v1.2.0): https://github.com/container-storage-interface/spec/releases/tag/v1.2.0-rc1

Please vote on releasing this candidate as CSI spec v1.2.0.

The vote is open until 2019 Oct 23 21:45 UTC.

The voting process is documented at: https://github.com/container-storage-interface/community/blob/master/governance.md#voting

I've compiled a preliminary list of changes between the v1.1.0 and v1.2.0 release:

Breaking changes/Deprecations:
* None (CSI 1.x releases are backwards compatible).

Additions:
* spec (PR #372): Adds optional secrets field to ListSnapshotsRequest.
* spec (PR #374): Add optional `VolumeStatus.published_node_ids` field to `ListVolumesResponse`.
* spec (PR #390): Add optional (but recommended) `staging_path` to `NodeGetVolumeStatsRequest` and `NodeExpandVolumeRequest` calls.
* spec (PR #381): Add optional `volume_capability` to `ControllerExpandVolumeRequest` and `NodeExpandVolumeRequest` to enable SPs to differentiate between block and file.

Clarifications/Corrections/Fixes:
* spec (PR #347): Clarify `DeleteVolume` behavior with snapshots.
* spec (PR #375): Clarify SP is allowed to return `OK` for `ControllerUnpublishResponse` if node or volume not found.
* spec (PR #383): Relax recovery behavior for `NOT_FOUND` error code for `ControllerUnpublishVolume` from `MUST` to `SHOULD`.

Dependencies:
* lib/go (PR #378) Update protoc to v3.9.1, protoc-gen-go to v1.3.2.

David Zhu

Oct 18, 2019, 6:06:13 PM10/18/19
to Saad Ali, container-storage-interface-community, container-storage-interface-approvers
+1

David Zhu | Software Engineer | dy...@google.com | 412-436-6859

Hjortshoj, Julian

Oct 18, 2019, 6:15:09 PM10/18/19
to Saad Ali, David Zhu, container-storage-interface-community, container-storage-interface-approvers
+1

Oct 18, 2019, 6:17:45 PM10/18/19
to Hjortshoj, Julian, Saad Ali, David Zhu, container-storage-interface-community, container-storage-interface-approvers

Xing Yang

Oct 18, 2019, 6:23:39 PM10/18/19
to Saad Ali, container-storage-interface-community, container-storage-interface-approvers
+1

Luis Pabon

Oct 18, 2019, 6:39:58 PM10/18/19
to Xing Yang, Saad Ali, container-storage-interface-community, container-storage-interface-approvers

Deep Debroy

Oct 18, 2019, 7:14:55 PM10/18/19
to Luis Pabon, Xing Yang, Saad Ali, container-storage-interface-community, container-storage-interface-approvers
+1

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "container-storage-interface-approvers" group.

James DeFelice

Oct 21, 2019, 1:49:54 PM10/21/19
to Deep Debroy, Luis Pabon, Xing Yang, Saad Ali, container-storage-interface-community, container-storage-interface-approvers
It looks to me like #390 landed w/ an unresolved comment. I just bumped the convo here: https://github.com/container-storage-interface/spec/pull/390#discussion_r337151117

Ideally we'd have consistent names for fields throughout the spec.

--
James DeFelice
585.241.9488 (voice)

Saad Ali

Oct 21, 2019, 1:54:41 PM10/21/19
to James DeFelice, Ben Swartzlander, Deep Debroy, Luis Pabon, Xing Yang, container-storage-interface-community, container-storage-interface-approvers
Ack, thanks for catching that James! +Ben Swartzlander could you please do a follow up PR to address the naming?

Ben Swartzlander

Oct 21, 2019, 4:42:12 PM10/21/19
to container-storage-...@googlegroups.com
On 10/21/19 1:49 PM, James DeFelice wrote:
> It looks to me like #390 landed w/ an unresolved comment. I just bumped
> the convo here:
> https://github.com/container-storage-interface/spec/pull/390#discussion_r337151117
>
> Ideally we'd have consistent names for fields throughout the spec.

I know I fixed that. Somehow the change either didn't make it to github,
or got overwritten by another change. Thanks for catching this.

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 7:14 PM 'Deep Debroy' via
> container-storage-interface-community
> <container-storage-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:container-storage-...@googlegroups.com>> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 3:39 PM Luis Pabon <lu...@portworx.com
> <mailto:lu...@portworx.com>> wrote:
>
> Nice: +1
>
> - Luis
>
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 6:23 PM Xing Yang <xingy...@gmail.com
> <mailto:xingy...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 6:04 PM 'Saad Ali' via
> [...]

Ben Swartzlander

Oct 21, 2019, 4:42:35 PM10/21/19
to container-storage-...@googlegroups.com
On 10/21/19 1:53 PM, 'Saad Ali' via
container-storage-interface-community wrote:
> Ack, thanks for catching that James! +Ben Swartzlander
> <mailto:b...@swartzlander.org> could you please do a follow up PR to
> address the naming?

Yes I'll push a new PR.

> [...]
>
> --
> from it, send an email to
> container-storage-interf...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:container-storage-interf...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/container-storage-interface-approvers/CAEvoFsEcETat4wj73LrtsoTHHhUxMS75zyw2XsxhAnYcYLUZ6w%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/container-storage-interface-approvers/CAEvoFsEcETat4wj73LrtsoTHHhUxMS75zyw2XsxhAnYcYLUZ6w%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>
> --
> it, send an email to
> container-storage-interf...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:container-storage-interf...@googlegroups.com>.
> 585.241.9488 <tel:(585)%20241-9488> (voice)
> 650.649.6071 <tel:(650)%20649-6071> (fax)

Ben Swartzlander

Oct 21, 2019, 4:51:13 PM10/21/19
to container-storage-...@googlegroups.com

Saad Ali

Oct 21, 2019, 5:30:22 PM10/21/19
to Ben Swartzlander, container-storage-interface-community
Thanks Ben!

Merged #392, cherry picked to release-1.2 branch, and cut v1.2.0-rc2

If there are no other concerns, we'll cut CSI 1.2 on Oct 23 22:00 UTC.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/container-storage-interface-community/65f6a300-c551-3004-5011-871c73f2a6d1%40swartzlander.org.

James DeFelice

Oct 21, 2019, 5:33:51 PM10/21/19
to Saad Ali, Ben Swartzlander, container-storage-interface-community

Jie Yu

Oct 22, 2019, 12:23:42 PM10/22/19
to James DeFelice, Saad Ali, Ben Swartzlander, container-storage-interface-community

Saad Ali

Oct 23, 2019, 5:45:26 PM10/23/19
to Jie Yu, James DeFelice, Ben Swartzlander, container-storage-interface-community
Thank you everyone for voting. I will proceed with the 1.2 cut now.

Saad Ali

Oct 23, 2019, 6:02:00 PM10/23/19
to Jie Yu, James DeFelice, Ben Swartzlander, container-storage-interface-community
Thank you all for your hard work on this.