Question on csi driver support for NVMe-over-fabric

Enhua Zhou

Jun 29, 2021, 8:05:54 AM6/29/21
to container-storage-interface-community
Hi All,
I have coded a csi driver for NVME-over-Fabric, which is used to connect to the remote disk of NVMe. But I didn’t find support for this protocol in https://github.com/kubernetes-csi, what do I need to do to upload my code to the community  to review?

Yours,
MeinhardZh

Matthew Cary

Jun 29, 2021, 12:06:17 PM6/29/21
to Enhua Zhou, container-storage-interface-community
The CSI spec is a layer above protocols like NVMe-over-Fabric, so I don't think any support is needed there.

If you're interested in having your driver be community-supported open-source, you can get on the agenda for the sig-storage meeting and see what the consensus is.

If you want some informal discussion first, point me to your repository and I'll be happy to take a quick look and let you know my thoughts.

Cheers

Matt

Luis Pabon

Jun 29, 2021, 3:16:46 PM6/29/21
to Enhua Zhou, container-storage-interface-community
Hi Enhua,
  Since it is a CSI driver, you should host the repo and the container. The goal of the kubernetes-csi project is to focus on Kubernetes CSI side cars infrastructure, but not necessarily the drivers.

Luis

Bruno Pessanha

Sep 23, 2021, 1:40:53 PM9/23/21
to container-storage-interface-community
Hi! Is this available somewhere? I'd like to contribute.

Bruno

Xing Yang

Sep 23, 2021, 1:59:28 PM9/23/21
to Bruno Pessanha, container-storage-interface-community
There's an issue created for a nvmf CSI Driver to be donated to kubernetes-csi: https://github.com/kubernetes/org/issues/2966

Glad to know you are interested in contributing.

Thanks,
Xing