Completely new discussion/question/group?

John Martin

Nov 16, 2014, 7:59:34 AM11/16/14
to contac...@googlegroups.com

Perpetual dummy that I am about all things computer/internet, I often need help here. But, also often, after searching for issues related to my questions, I find nothing very close or nothing at all e.g. https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!searchin/chrome/SmartScreen$20Filter$20Chrome$20equivalent$3F%7Csort:relevance

The only reference to it (SmartScreen Filter Chrome equivalent?) is what I just posted and that’s because the word “malicious” is the closest thing I could find.

In a case like this (I find nothing specifically related to my question), how do I start a completely new question/topic/discussion?

I found this: https://support.google.com/groups/?hl=en#topic=9216

But I don’t know if I want to create a new group or just as a new question………….what’s the difference?

I also found this: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!overview

But same question: New group or new question?

Not knowing what to do here, I tried to create a new group but got this: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!creategroup

I don’t know what a @googlegroups is, don’t have one and don’t know how to get one.

Groups-invalid email address.jpg

Douglas Rushkoff

Nov 16, 2014, 12:39:19 PM11/16/14
to contac...@googlegroups.com
You just send a message to the group with a new subject, and it threads its own conversation automatically.
If you are doing this through the web on the Google groups page, you click on the button that says "New Topic."

Douglas Rushkoff
Professor of Media Studies, Queens College/CUNY
Sign up for RushkoffMail to get updates and newest writing

My book Present Shock is now in paperback
Comic series Testament is now available in a single digital omnibus
PBS Frontline documentary Generation Like free streaming

John Martin

Nov 16, 2014, 1:43:48 PM11/16/14
to contac...@googlegroups.com

I don’t see a view this discussion option here.

Is this an email directly to me?

Sent from my Mud Pie

john martin
New Mexico-Texas