Save-the-dates for early 2021 Philadelphia Underscores and a special online event this week

Loren Groenendaal

Jan 13, 2021, 10:43:48 AM1/13/21
to ContactImprovPhilly
Dear Philadelphia Contact Improvisers,

I thought I might host the first Underscore of the year this Saturday on January 16, but I have decided to delay in order to not conflict with a CI related event that earth dance is putting on.

Centers of Practice: Continuing Nancy Stark Smith's Research runs today Wednesday 1/13 through Sunday 1/17/21 with several drop-in events in addition to one session workshop.
Of particular interest, this event includes an extra in depth Talk Through this evening, an Underscore tomorrow evening, and a jam on Saturday afternoon.

So, the January Philadelphia Underscore will now be Saturday, January 30. It is yet to be determined if it will be outside or on Zoom. If outside, we will use peak sun/warmth time of 1-3pm. Outdoor location TBA. If inside, we will use 4-6pm EST on Zoom to be after peak outdoor time and pre-dinner.

Save-the-dates for early 2021 Philadelphia Underscores:
Jan 30- Underscore 1-3pm if outside, 4-6pm if on Zoom (5th Saturday)
Feb 20- Underscore 1-3pm
March 27- Underscore, time? (4th Saturday)
April 17- Underscore, time?
May 15- Underscore, time?
June 19- Global Underscore (date and time set by global group, likely 10am-2pm as in years past.)

NOTES:
-MOST of these dates are 3rd Saturdays, unless otherwise noted.
-ALL of these dates are tentatively outside, but we may re-locate to Zoom. (Links TBA).
-Winter dates are mid-day 1-3pm to maximize heat from the sun in the hopes of being outside.
-Spring dates are technically still tentative, but VERY likely, but times are still in the works. Email lorenteach...@gmail.com or message me (Loren Groenendaal) if you have strong opinions about these times.
-Registration links and more Information about Underscores and potential Talk Throughs will be posted later closer to the date.

Streamingly,
-Loren

Loren Groenendaal
MFA in Choreography
BA in Dance and Visual Arts
Certified Movement Analyst
Freelance Teaching Artist as Loren Teaches Movement
Founding Artistic Director of Vervet Dance
Founding Member, Curator of Impermanent Society of Philadelphia
Founding Member, Board Member, Artist in Residence of Mascher Space Cooperative

Accepting secure tax deductible donations to Vervet Dance through Fractured Atlas to support our ongoing expenses and upcoming projects.

Loren Groenendaal

Jan 26, 2021, 1:08:12 PM1/26/21
to ContactImprovPhilly
Hello Philly Contact Improvisers

It is going to be COLD this weekend, so the Underscore will be online 4-6pm EST Saturday, January 30th.

This Zoom event requires advance registration which can be up until 3:59pm that day.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Further if you are new to the Underscore, you will need a Talk Through.
I will be hosting a Talk Through on Thursday 1/28 5-6pm EST, which also requires advance registration at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Please note: This Talk Through will ONLY be held if there are positive RSVPs by noon on Th 1/28 EST.
If you want a Talk Through at another time, email me and I will see what I can do.

Below are save-the-dates for Underscores in coming months.

If you are unfamiliar with the underscore, you can learn more here: https://nancystarksmith.com/underscore/

Looking forward to connecting!

Streamingly,
Loren

Save-the-dates for early 2021 Philadelphia Underscores:
Jan 30- Underscore 4-6pm on Zoom (5th Saturday)

Loren Groenendaal

Jan 28, 2021, 12:21:14 PM1/28/21
to ContactImprovPhilly
UPDATE: No Talk through today.

Registration is still open for the Zoom Underscore itself happening this Saturday 4-6pm EST for folks who have already had a talk through. You must register in advance at
-Loren

Loren Groenendaal
MFA in Choreography
BA in Dance and Visual Arts
Certified Movement Analyst
Freelance Teaching Artist as Loren Teaches Movement
Founding Artistic Director of Vervet Dance
Founding Member, Curator of Impermanent Society of Philadelphia
Founding Member, Board Member, Artist in Residence of Mascher Space Cooperative

Accepting secure tax deductible donations to Vervet Dance through Fractured Atlas to support our ongoing expenses and upcoming projects.

Loren Groenendaal

Feb 17, 2021, 5:28:15 PM2/17/21
to ContactImprovPhilly
Hello Philly Contact Improvisers,

It is going to be COLD again this weekend, so the Underscore will be online 4-6pm EST Saturday, February 20th.

There isn't a talk through being offered this month, so this Underscore is for movers who have already had a Talk Through.

This Zoom event requires advance registration which can be up until 3:59pm that day.

More info about the Underscore in general here: https://nancystarksmith.com/underscore/
And about our monthly practice in Philadelphia: https://www.facebook.com/PhiladelphiaUnderscore

I am looking forward to connecting!

Streamingly,