CI continues at Lemon Hill 7pm Thursday August 19th with Lee Fogel

Curt Haworth

Aug 18, 2021, 10:31:59 AM8/18/21
to ContactImprovPhilly
Hello Contact Improvisation Dancers,

Outdoor Dance Improvisation continues this week!
Lee Fogel will be leading class.
WHEN: Thursday, August 19th, 7pm-8:30
WHERE: Lemon Hill, Phildaelphia, PA
HOW MUCH: Suggested donation $0-10
RSVPS: If you plan on coming, please RSVP with a reply to leef...@visioningbody.com

Come enjoy sensitive, curious connections with the living world within, around, and among us!  This Contact class inquires into consent as a pleasure-based practice while dancing with ourselves, the natural world, and one another.  We'll practice a variety of ways to engage with our dance partners, enlivening our senses to witness, move with, and/or contact each other with awareness.

 Lee Fogel, MA, RSME/T, is an Registered Somatic Movement Educator/Therapist, Reiki practitioner, and Interdisciplinary Artist with nearly 20 years experience offering embodied wellbeing and arts-based programming to people of all ages.  She is the director and founder of The Visioning Body, helping individuals and organizations live their missions through listening to the body's wisdom.  She is so grateful to be alive and get to learn and share practices that nurture life!

WHAT will we BE DOING and NOT DOING:
-In general, we will lead an improvisaiton class that will have options for contact and non-cantact dancing. We will improvise with each other and the enviroment, having fun as we engageg with the principles of contact improvisation (such as: weight, momentum, flow, empathy, and bonding with the earth).

If you are not vaccinated, please wear a mask and keep at least 6 feet distance.
If you are vaccinated, masks are optional.
If you are vaccinated, you may decide if you want to dance close, in contact, or at a distance.

-Do NOT come if you have ANY covid-like symptoms (fever, cough, sneezes, loss of smell, diahrea) or have recently been in close contact with a positive or presumptive covid-19 patient.

BE PREPARED:
If you are not vaccinated, Do NOT forget to wear or bring a mask for coronavirus spread prevention. You may even want to bring TWO masks as one may get damp from sweating and humidity.

Bring your own supplies to keep yourself healthy and comfortable: definitely Water, potentially bug spray, sunscreen, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, rain gear, etc.

Wear good shoes for dancing on soft, maybe slippery grass and/or hard pavement.

There is not a public bathroom here. I strongly suggest taking care of your bodily functions at home before you arrive. However, there are some bushes to hide behind if you need to do an outdoor pee. If you need further tips on how to be a woodnymph, please consult with me or other friends in the group.

DIRECTIONS:
For GPS, simply "Lemon Hill, Philadelphia, PA 19130" should work.
You can click on this link: https://goo.gl/maps/zjoRC6TuhqvSdRB7A

Please know that Lemon Hill is truly a hill. It is part of Fairmont Park and is really close to the boat houses on the east side of the Schuylkill River, just upstream from the Philadelphia Museum of Art,  and south or downstream from the Girard Ave. bridge.

To get there, follow Lemon Hill Dr. which is accessible from Kelly Drive, Sedgley Dr. or Popular Dr. Once you are close, you will realize that these roads make a loop close to the top of the hill and this is the best place to look for parking.

We will be meeting by this grove of trees furthest west.  If there are many other people there, we will have to stake out a new spot. This zone is nice because it has trees for shade, lawn for dancing, and is more removed from many of the other populated zones.

LHdancespot.jpg
near

LemonHilGazebo.jpg
--