Tonight, Nov 3rd, Jungwoong Kim teaches CI at Cardell Studio

Curt Haworth

Nov 3, 2022, 8:53:00 AM11/3/22
to ContactImprovPhilly

Thursday's Contact Improvisation class on November 3rd taught by

Jungwoong Kim.

BASIC CI CLASS  DETAILS:

WHAT: Adult Contact Improvisation CLASS

WHEN: Thursdays 7:00-9:00pm (doors open at 6:45pm)

WHERE: Cardell Dance Studio, 1713 Melon St, Philadelphia, PA 19130

near 17th St. and Fairmount Ave. near SEPTA Fairmount stop of Broad Street Line

HOW MUCH: $10-20 sliding scale per class

Register and pay $10 or $20 in advance here: https://cardelldance.com/product/contact-improvisation/

Or show up and pay $10-20 at the door

INQUIRIES: curth...@gmail.com

Class description:

This class begins with some basic principles of Contact Improvisation, such as getting used to moving with the floor, our surfaces, our weight, our structure and impulses. We will engage in deep listening, and using aural stimulation in sensitive dancing. Our work together will be safe, focused, and playful.

Bio:

Jungwoong Kim has been a performance artist, dancer, choreographer, designer, and film editorfor more than 20 years. Born and raised in South Korea, Jungwoong Kim had extensive training in martial arts and Korean traditional dance and ritual, both of which strongly inform his artistic vision and aesthetic. Since 2014 he has been an artist in residence at Asian Arts Initiative (AAI) in Philadelphia. Through this residency, he received a John S. and James L. Knight Foundation grant. He was also awarded a 2015 multi-year grant from the Pew Center for Arts & Heritage for the creation of SaltSoul, a multi-disciplinary creative/performance project. 2017 Bilateral Dance Artist Exchange Residency in Budapest, HR, Philadelphia Dance Projects. Also, he was nominated for a 2017 Pew Fellowship.

HEALTH and COMMUNITY CARE PROTOCOL:

Covid-19 Vaccination is required by Cardell Dance Studio. Masks are required. (Participants may briefly unmask to drink water if 6 feet or more away from others.) We strongly encourage you to wash your hands once you arrive. We strongly encourage that all participants wear clean garments with long sleeves and pants for minimal skin exposure as a protection against Monkeypox.

Do NOT attend the jam if you have symptoms of COVID, have tested positive for COVID or have a known or possible COVID exposure in the last 10 days, UNLESS you have tested negative at least 5 days after exposure. Do NOT attend the jam if you have symptoms of Monkeypox Virus (flu, fever, swollen lymph nodes, new skin rash), a current case of MPV, or a known exposure to Monkeypox in the past 2 weeks.

OTHER NOTES:

Please be aware this building is not wheelchair accessible. There is a full flight of steps leading to the dance studio.

We aim to start class at 7pm. Parking in this neighborhood in the evening can be challenging, so we encourage you to take alternate forms of transit when possible. If you must drive, please leave some extra time to find parking. If your parking process is wonderfully expedient, please know you may arrive to the studio as early as 6:45pm.

ONGOING HUB FOR CONTACT IMPROV PHILLY INFO: https://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/ci/

We are looking forward to dancing with you!

Thank you,

Loren, Curt, Miryam, and Silvana

--

Curt Haworth