CI Class Dec 8th 7pm with Nicole Bindler

Curt Haworth

Dec 5, 2022, 9:10:25 PM12/5/22
to ContactImprovPhilly

Thursday's Contact Improvisation class

on December 8th

Taught by Nicole Bindler

BASIC CI CLASS  DETAILS:

WHAT: Adult Contact Improvisation CLASS

WHEN: Thursdays 7:00-9:00pm (doors open at 6:45pm)

WHERE: Cardell Dance Studio, 1713 Melon St, Philadelphia, PA 19130

near 17th St. and Fairmount Ave. near SEPTA Fairmount stop of Broad Street Line

HOW MUCH: $10-20 sliding scale per class

Register and pay $10 or $20 in advance here: https://cardelldance.com/product/contact-improvisation/

Or show up and pay $10-20 at the door

INQUIRIES: curth...@gmail.com

Class description:

Classes in December with Nicole Bindler will focus on connective tissue! We'll play with proprioception, stability/mobility, contouring, continuous rolling point, and work through scar tissue within the fascia.

Bio:

Nicole Bindler––dance-maker, Body-Mind Centering® practitioner, writer, and activist––has practiced contact improvisation for 25 years, and her work has been presented on four continents. Recent projects include curating an evening of Palestinian dance films at the Fidget Space; somatic research on the embryology of the genitalia from a non-binary perspective; and a solo dance, The Case for Invagination, in which her scars speak candidly about trauma and desire. She just returned from a teaching tour that included CI workshops in the Pacific Northwest in Eugene and Seattle; a presentation at the Dance Studies Association Conference where she was a Conference Fellow; a residency and guest teaching with Sarah Gottlieb on fascia and scar tissue at the University of Roehampton London; a workshop called Embodying Neuroqueerness / Neuroqueering Embodiment at the Sandberg Instituut’s temporary programme, Ecologies of Transformation in Amsterdam; contact improvisation and consent consulting in the CI community in Leipzig; and a residency and workshop called Collectivity / Invagination co-taught with Camille Barton at Ponderosa. https://www.nicolebindler.com

HEALTH and COMMUNITY CARE PROTOCOL:

Covid-19 Vaccination is required by Cardell Dance Studio. Masks are required. (Participants may briefly unmask to drink water if 6 feet or more away from others.) We strongly encourage you to wash your hands once you arrive. We strongly encourage that all participants wear clean garments with long sleeves and pants for minimal skin exposure as a protection against Monkeypox.

Do NOT attend the jam if you have symptoms of COVID, have tested positive for COVID or have a known or possible COVID exposure in the last 10 days, UNLESS you have tested negative at least 5 days after exposure. Do NOT attend the jam if you have symptoms of Monkeypox Virus (flu, fever, swollen lymph nodes, new skin rash), a current case of MPV, or a known exposure to Monkeypox in the past 2 weeks.

OTHER NOTES:

Please be aware this building is not wheelchair accessible. There is a full flight of steps leading to the dance studio.

We aim to start class at 7pm. Parking in this neighborhood in the evening can be challenging, so we encourage you to take alternate forms of transit when possible. If you must drive, please leave some extra time to find parking. If your parking process is wonderfully expedient, please know you may arrive to the studio as early as 6:45pm.

ONGOING HUB FOR CONTACT IMPROV PHILLY INFO: https://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/ci/

We are looking forward to dancing with you!

Thank you,

Loren, Curt, Miryam, and Silvana

--

Curt Haworth