Ci class POSTPONED due to rain. Bring a STICK and stuff to Lemon Hill on Sun 11/8 1pm

1 view

Loren Groenendaal

Nov 1, 2020, 10:52:13 AM11/1/20
to ContactImprovPhilly
Hello dear contactors,

We are cancelling class today, 11/1/20. There is a 100% chance of rain today at 1pm.

Weather permitting, I will teach 1-2:30pm at Lemon Hill on Sunday, November 8. (Slightly shorter time due to likely cold temperatures)

I will be leading a class with objects that allow for distanced touch, so we can really feel, respond, and negotiate each other's movement and perhaps a bit of weight through these objects.

I am borrowing some ropes so that we can pull on each other from a distance. (Thanks Ed!)
If you can attend next week, please bring a 6 foot or so stick if you have it (could be a tree branch, a broom stick, plumbing etc).
I also recommend bringing gloves for warmth and cleanliness.
Extra socks to put on the ends of the sticks for cushioning would be nice too.
I will have some hand sanitizer to share if necessary, but it would be even more sanitary for you to bring your own hand sanitizer.

Have a good and safe week. I hope you will vote on Tuesday if you haven't yet!

Take care,
Loren

Loren Groenendaal
MFA in Choreography
BA in Dance and Visual Arts
Certified Movement Analyst
Freelance Teaching Artist as Loren Teaches Movement
Founding Artistic Director of Vervet Dance
Founding Member, Curator of Impermanent Society of Philadelphia
Founding Member, Board Member, Artist in Residence of Mascher Space Cooperative

Accepting secure tax deductible donations to Vervet Dance through Fractured Atlas to support our ongoing expenses and upcoming projects.