Reemergence: intentionality in the aftertine

1 view

Nicole Bindler

Jan 1, 2021, 4:51:07 PM1/1/21
to ContactImprovPhilly
Reemergence: intentionality in the aftertine
Saturdays in January, 12:30-2:00pm

This five week series will explore strategies for moving together in the flesh with ease, respect, and generosity when it is safe to do so. The material will be cumulative but drop-ins are welcome. During this dark northern hemisphere winter in January we will spend Saturdays on Zoom dreaming, scheming, and moving together. We will imagine our near future and prepare contingency plans for challenges we might face in our communities post-isolation. How can we apply knowledge from consent practices to the experience of moving back into partner dance spaces? How can we use polyvagal theory as a lens for addressing the individual and collective trauma many of us have endured? How can we interrogate our assumptions about the universality of experiences during this time when the pandemic has impacted us unevenly and unfairly? How can we rebuild dance and somatics communities in a way that tangibly addresses these inequities? As movement practitioners we have a particular set of tools and expertise to share with the world in relation to our reemergence from this pandemic-year. These classes will offer a container for collaboration and will enable participants to contribute to a written document (if they choose) that will arise from our time together researching these ideas through embodied practices.

Class is $1-35+ (no one turned away for lack of funds). If you would like to sponsor a person to take class, simply double your payment!
Venmo: @nicole-bindler
PayPal: nicole...@gmail.com

Zoom link: zoom.us/j/3093774924
Zoom password: 640262