Diaphragms: horizontality into spirals

Nicole Bindler

Jun 22, 2021, 4:26:36 PM6/22/21
to ContactImprovPhilly
Diaphragms: horizontality into spirals
Two more Wednesdays, June 23rd & 30th from 12:00-1:30pm ONLINE through freeskewl.

The diaphragms are horizontal structures in the body that carry our contents and enable subtle, internal movements, unlike the longitudinal muscles that boldly carry our limbs and trunk through space. When we initiate big body movement with the internal diaphragms we can find more three-dimensionality, delicacy, and ease in and out of the floor.

Nicole Bindler is a dance-maker, Body-Mind Centering® practitioner, writer, and activist. She has been presented at festivals, conferences, and intensives throughout the U.S., Canada, Argentina, and Europe, and in Tokyo, Beirut, Bethlehem, Mexico City, and Quito. Recent projects include teaching about consent culture and disability justice in contact improvisation; somatic research on the embryology of the genitalia from a non-binary perspective; collaborations with Diyar Theatre in Bethlehem, Palestine; presentations at the Future of CI Conference and the BMCA Online Somatic Symposium about rebuilding in-person dance and somatics communities in ways that tangibly address the inequities laid bare by the pandemic; and a solo called "The Case for Invagination" to be performed this fall in through Cannonball in Philadelphia and at the BodyIQ Festival in Berlin. www.nicolebindler.com

PAYMENT:
Class is $1-35+ (no one turned away for lack of funds). If you would like to sponsor a person to take class, simply double your payment!
Venmo: @nicole-bindler
Paypal: nicole...@gmail.com

ZOOM:
Zoom link: zoom.us/j/3093774924
Zoom password: 640262

ACCESSIBILITY:
Closed captioning will be available through Rev Live Captioning