Contact improv jam tomorrow 5-7pm

amber

Nov 19, 2022, 8:29:04 PM11/19/22
to contactim...@googlegroups.com

Hello Philadelphia Contact Dancers,

You are invited to jam with us at the contact improv jam tomorrow evening, Sunday November 20th at Headlong Studio from 5-7

Jam capacity is limited so REGISTRATION is REQUIRED. We have some health and community care protocols in place, so please read those before signing up.

BASIC JAM DETAILS:

WHAT: Philly Contact Improv Jam

WHEN: Generally Sundays 5-7pm, this one is Sunday, November 20th

5-7pm

WHERE: at Mascher Space Cooperative in Headlong Rear Studio, located at 1170 S. Broad St. Philadelphia, PA 19146, near the intersection with Federal streets

HOW MUCH: $5-20 sliding scale with no one turned away for lack of funds. Pay at event. Cash always accepted. Check with the facilitator that week about digital payment options.

REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS:

If you are willing to be masked and follow our other covid protocol (listed below) and are interested in participating, please . . .

  1. Fill out this google form in advance of the first time of attending the new Sunday jam

  2. Register yourself in this google sheet for October 23rd

Note: If you sign up and then are unable to attend (due to health protocols or another reason), please delete your name from the registration sheet ASAP, so that someone else can get your spot.

QUESTIONS: contactim...@gmail.com

GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF SUNDAY CONTACT IMPROV (CI) JAM:

"Contact Improv is a movement form where dancers move to follow the play of touch. Gravity and the floor are constant partners. Human touch unites the forces that act upon the body with the sensations they produce within the body." -Steve Paxton

A jam is a creative space for open improvisation, governed by mutual respect and awareness.  A jam is an opportunity to play, to research, to experiment, to express, to connect with others.  Dancing alone, in duets, or in groups, we stretch our capacity to listen and lead as we follow the dance.

The building opens at 4:50. Please arrive, check-in, change clothes as needed, and be ready to go shortly after 5:00, when we gather for an opening circle.

A facilitator or two will then lead a guided warm-up, which will transition into open dancing/jamming. We will close with a check out circle to give appreciation, ask questions, and make announcements.

SPECIFIC DETAILS OF OCTOBER 23RD CI JAM and LEADER:

Amber Cammarata will be leading an open-ended warm up based on imagining and embodying different elements of nature, leading into optional partnered movement and an open jam space.

Amber Cammarata is a musician and educator who has been practicing Ci in Philadelphia & Massachusetts for the past 10 years. She is passionate about the beauty, wonder, skills & fun of the form, and also about the necessary conversations, practices & actions in the ongoing work around power dynamics, intersectional identity, privilege & consent in Ci scenes everywhere. She joined the Philly Ci organizer / facilitator team in 2019.

HEALTH and COMMUNITY CARE PROTOCOL:

We are limiting capacity to 15 people.

We strongly encourage that you wash your hands once you arrive to the building and after the jam before you leave.

Masks are required. (Participants may briefly unmask to drink water if 6 feet or more away from others. There is an outdoor courtyard that will allow for even more space.)

Touch with consent is permitted.

We are doing contact tracing. If a participant discovers within 7 days after the jam that they are positive for covid, monkeypox or another infectious disease that could have transmission in the jam setting, please email contactim...@gmail.com and we will let the rest of the group know about their possible exposure.

Covid Protocol:

Covid vaccination is no longer required.

Do NOT attend the jam if you have symptoms of COVID, have tested positive for COVID or have a known or possible COVID exposure in the last 10 days, UNLESS you have tested negative at least 5 days after exposure.

Monkey Pox Protocol:

We strongly encourage that all participants wear clean garments with long sleeves and pants for minimal skin exposure. (We will keep the A/C cool enough to be comfortable in this dress.)

Do NOT attend the jam if if you have symptoms of MonkeyPox Virus (flu, fever, swollen lymph nodes, new skin rash), a current case of MPV, or a known exposure to MonkeyPox in the past 2 weeks.

OTHER NOTES:

Please be aware this building is not wheelchair accessible. There are a few steps up to enter the building and be on the level of the dance studio. There is an entire flight of stairs to go down to a bathroom and water fountain.

ONGOING HUB FOR CONTACT IMPROV PHILLY INFO: https://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/ci/

QUESTIONS: contactim...@gmail.com

We are looking forward to dancing with you!

Thank you,

Amber (Jenny, Derek, Loren, & Margot)

Amber Cammarata
(she / they)