GREI Update: New Blog Post about Data Citation Recommendations

Lisa Curtin

Feb 6, 2024, 5:39:07 PMFeb 6
to conta...@googlegroups.com
Hi GREI Community!

We are delighted to share our latest GREI blog post, GREI data citation recommendations to support consistent practices to collect, expose and aggregate citations to open data

The Generalist Repository Ecosystem Initiative (GREI) has as one of its objectives the implementation of open metrics. A consistent approach to data citations is an important step to drive meaningful metrics that provide visibility on data usage, signal the added value of data repositories and enable reporting on the reach of NIH-funded research data. Make Data Count has engaged with the GREI repositories to review their existing approaches to data citations and develop a common resource on best practices for handling data citations at repositories: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.10562429

We encourage you to check out the blog post and review the published recommendation, if you have any feedback, please get in touch via our feedback form.

- The Generalist Repository Ecosystem Initiative (GREI), an NIH ODSS program