Impressions from the Retake the Net Barcamp in New Zealand

1 view

Sibylle Schwarz

Nov 4, 2011, 9:58:54 PM11/4/11
to contact...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Last week Retake the Net had its first barcamp in Wellington, New Zealand. We had about 70 people attend, and the day was a great success with overwhelmingly positive feedback.

For those who don't know, Retake the Net is an initiative that connects people with concrete projects to help keep the net free and open. We were inspired by the Contact Conference but have a Kiwi focus. We're keen to share our experiences with others around the world who are running similar local projects or initiatives.

A writeup of the barcamp and a few pics and links are on our website: